Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Conversation with Ken Auer

Ken Auer is the founder of Role Model Software. Ken's work through the past decade with apprenticeships and his thoughts on software development have been a big inspiration to people I know in the Software Craftsmanship movement. I was fortunate enough to get an introduction after meeting Nathaniel Talbott, and I stayed with Ken for two days in his beautiful, newly-built house/workshop. I had a great time there, enjoying not only some great conversations and code, but also an inspiring time with his family.

Ken was kind enough to not only sit down with me to talk about his thoughts on development, but he also allowed me to video a "How I Got Started In Programming" video with him. That video isn't up yet, as there are a few people in the queue ahead of him, but it is fantastic.

Enjoy!

Part I