Monday, December 1, 2008

Sponsors!

I really didn't expect it this tour, but on Sunday morning, I got messaged by 2(!) different people wanting to sponsor me on the tour. HUZZA!

While the main part of the tour provides me with room and board while being hosted, there are significant expenses that I have, including gas, food during travel, flip video camera, etc. I am very appreciative of community support from people.


Derik Whittaker and Dimecasts.net

Derik Whittaker of dimecasts.net was kind enough to send a contribution. From my initial gas estimates, his donation is going to cover the first week of gas. I am very grateful for his support of this community venture, and I highly recommend everyone go out to dimecasts.net and check out his screencasts.

Dimecasts.net has quality tutorial screencasts on various topics in the .net ecosystem. Oh, you aren't a .net developer? That's okay, being exposed to different technologies is always a good thing. Please make sure to stop by dimecasts and learn some great stuff.

Derik's twitter handle is @DerikWhittaker. If you are so inclined, feel free to send him a quick tweet thanking him for supporting my tour.

Jamie Wright of MadeFromDolly.com

Jamie Wright of madefromdolly.com also sent me a generous donation. His donation is going to be used to continue to cover gas expenses through the tour.

You know you are on twitter, you know you love it. Why not broadcast it to the world with a twitter shirt from madefromdolly.com. These are really nice shirts, and you know you want one.

Jamie's twitter handle is @jwright. If you are so inclined, feel free to send him a quick tweet thanking him for supporting my tour.


Thanks to both of these guys for their support. The tour is an experiment on my part to see what can happen, and their generous donations are making it even more possible.